This is work managing the District’s budget development and administration, and reporting responsibilities.
Job duties include:
· ANNUAL BUDGET DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION: Plans and directs development of the District's preliminary and annual budgets; directs a team to evaluate budget submissions; coordinates the preparation, production and distribution of documents; conducts in depth analysis of revenue and expenditure patterns; assesses funding demands with available resources. Develops procedures for amending the adopted budget within statutory and other regulatory guidelines. Oversees the monitoring of actual performance and facilitates appropriate budgetary changes to assist with ensuring successful delivery of strategic priorities.
· PLANNING AND MONITORING: Plans and directs development and implementation of the Five-Year Strategic Budget and Capital Improvement Plan. Develops system and visual tools to track and monitor progress and works cooperatively with the District’s management team to recommend and facilitate budgetary changes based on schedule and deliverable variances. Facilitates the integration of the District’s strategic planning into the annual budget process including resource allocation.
· REPORTING: Examines the effectiveness of programs, policies, and procedures and provides change and/or improvement recommendations; evaluates reports and progress of budgeted continuing core programs and initiatives; researches and compiles financial and budgetary data for analysis and reporting; directs the production and maintenance of management reports; presents timely, informative, and accurate performance and cost information; recommends, directs and supervises the development and implementation of a complex program budget/performance measurement system(s).
· STATUTORY COMPLIANCE: Directs and oversees statutorily mandated reporting with the Executive Office of the Governor, the Legislature, and the Florida Department of Environmental Protection leading to approval of the District budget by the Governor; participates in highly complex budget matters, legislative hearings, and similar activities as the central budget officer for the District; ensures District compliance with statutes related to Truth-in-Millage; coordinates the activities for budget presentation to the Governing Board at workshops and public hearings. Ensures the Districts follows procedures set forth in the Florida Statutes.
· Directs and supervises staff including recruitment, selection, training, and coaching. Plans, monitors, appraises, and participates in the Talent Review and Development of staff.