|Division/Department Name||Bureau of Water Resources Information|
Your application will receive careful consideration and, if selected for an interview, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment. St. Johns River Water Management District participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Veterans' Preference/Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace
This is complex, technical work reviewing and correcting raw hydrologic data and data sampling methods and procedures to ensure data reliability and validity.
- analyze, validate, and correct hydro-meteorological data collected by the Bureau of Water Resource Information (WRI); compute evaporation/transpiration and other hydro-meteorological parameters from indirect measurements
- develop and implement methods for performing quality checks on all data collected by the WRI; protects data from revision after quality checking; provide quality codes with all disseminated data; and publishes periodic reports to summarize data availability and quality
- develop and implement improved quality assurance methods and procedures for hydro-meteorological data collection, validation, processing, reporting and dissemination; develop and implement standard operating procedures for field data collection; publish, update, and ensure compliance with relevant quality assurance standards; and evaluate data collection sensors and processes to ensure quality performance
- review data validated and processed by WRI staff prior to archiving and distribution
- develop and present quality assurance training
- review and validate reports from the Data Management Section before release to the Web and presented to the Governing Board
Prefer candidate with knowledge of hydro-meteorological data collection and processing, quality assurance methods, and hydro-meteorological data collection and processing standards; skill in data validations; basic mathematics and statistics, and computer applications; and ability to work under pressure, meet quick deadlines, and deal effectively with others, including the public.
Working conditions: General office environment; periodic field visits